Molokai Planning Commission
Molokai Planning Commission:
- Focuses on the area encompassing the island of Molokai, except that portion of the area known as the Kalaupapa Settlement.
- Advises the Mayor, County Council, and Planning Director in matters concerning planning programs.
- Reviews the general plan and revisions thereof prepared by the Planning Director or at the request of the County Council, and after public hearings transmits findings and recommendations to the County Council for consideration and action.
- Reviews other proposed land use ordinances and amendments prepared by the Planning Director or by the County Council, and after public hearings, transmits findings and recommendations to the County Council for consideration and action.
- Acts as the authority in all matters relating to the Coastal Zone Management Law.
- Adopts rules pursuant to land use ordinances or law.
Agendas and Minutes
View available agendas and minutes for the Molokai Planning Commission meetings.
- Robert Stephenson - Chair - 3/31/2021
- Lawrence Lasua - Vice Chair - 3/31/2019
- Wiliama Akutagawa - 3/31/2018
- Billy Buchanan - 3/31/2018
- Diane Swenson - 3/31/2019
- Marshall Racine - 3/31/2019
- Michael Drew - 3/31/2021
- Xavier-Kaniala Bicoy - 3/31/2022
- John Pele - 3/31/2022
- Molokai Community Plan Update 2012
- Chapter 301 - Rules of Practice and Procedure for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 302 - Special Management Area Rules for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 303 - Rules Relating to Special Uses in State Agricultural Rural Districts for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 304 - Rules Relating to Shoreline Setbacks for the Molokai Planning Commission
- Chapter 305 - Rules Relating to the Country Town Design Guidelines for the Molokai Community Plan
Molokai Planning Commission Molokai Planning Commission
P. O. Box 526 c/o Maui Department of Planning
Kaunakakai, HI 96748 2200 Main Street, Suite 315
(tel) 808 553-3221 Wailuku, HI 96793
(tel) 808 270-7735
(fax) 808 270-7634
The Molokai Planning Commission's office is located in the Mitchell Pauole Center and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday except holidays.