Lana'i Community Plan Update
The Lana`i Community Plan Update will revise the existing 1998 Lana`i Community Plan, adding new elements required by MCC 2.80B while taking policy direction from the Countywide Policy Plan. The updated Lana`i Community Plan will consist of a vision statement, goals, objectives, policies and actions that will guide the desired direction of the island's future. Technical studies and issue papers provide data in support of policy recommendations. The final document will also include a detailed implementation and monitoring plan.
Draft documents for each stage of the community plan update process can be viewed here:
- Draft Bill for an Ordinance Amending Section 2.80B.070 to Adopt the Lana`i Community Plan
- Planning Department Recommended Revisions, January 21, 2015
- Lana`i Community Plan Update Lanai Planning Commission Final Draft, October 31, 2014
- Lana`i Community Plan CPAC/Planning Department Draft, December 2013 - No Maps
- CPAC/Planning Department Draft, December 2013 - Maps
- Lana`i CPAC Final Draft Community Plan Update, September 30, 2013
- Department of Planning First Draft Lana`i Community Plan Update, December 2012
The Department of Planning's Long Range Division conducted community engagement events in 2010, 2011, and 2013 to gather broad public input from community members. The Community Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) reviewed the first draft Community Plan Update from January 9, 2013 through September 30, 2013. The Lana`i Planning Commission (LPC) reviewed the CPAC/Department Draft from January 8 to October 4, 2014; their recommendations are within the LPC Final Draft Plan (October 31, 2014). The Maui County Council has one year for review and final adoption of the Lana`i Community Plan Update.
Community Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC)
A thirteen member Citizen Plan Advisory Committee was appointed by the County of Maui Council and Mayor from applications received from Lana`i residents. The public was encouraged to attend the CPAC meetings.
Agendas, Meeting Summaries and Materials
View available agendas and minutes from the Lanai Community Plan Advisory Committee meetings.
An Island-wide Workshop was held April 4, 2013 and attended by 64 residents. A Lana`i City Workshop was held on April 6, 2013 and attended by 120 residents.
- Lana`i Event #1 Open House - Poster
- Open House Lana`i Event #1 Newsletter
- Lana`i Event #1 Open House - Results
A public discussion of ideas and strategies for the next 20 years was held on April 7, 2011, and was attended by 40 Lana`i residents.
- Maui County Cultural Resources Survey - October 2009
- Lana`i Economic Development Issue Paper - May 2011
- Lana`i Housing Issue Paper - May 2011
- Infrastructure Assessment Update - Lana`i Drainage
- Infrastructure Assessment Update - Lana`i Water Systems
- Land Use Forecast, Island of Lana`i - December 2012
- Socio-Economic Forecast, June 2006 - June 2006
- Infrastructure Assessment Update - May 2003
- Public Facilities Assessment Update - March 2007