State Land Use Comm. Dist. Boundary Amendment

A State Land Use Commission District Boundary Amendment (DBA) is required when the proposed use of property is not allowed by regulations governing the State's land use districts.

How To Apply:
For lands less than 15 acres, complete the State Land Use District Boundary Amendment/Reclassification application and submit it to the Department of Planning. Applicants for amendments for lands greater than 15 acres or involving conservation lands should contact the State Land Use Commission at P.O. Box 2359, Honolulu, HI 96804-2359, phone (808) 587-3822, or contact them via email.

Approving Agencies:
A State Land Use District Boundary Amendment/Reclassification for lands less than 15 acres is processed through the appropriate Planning Commission and adopted through ordinance by the Maui County Council and Mayor.

Duration of Approval:
No expiration

Non-refundable filing fee (see Fee Schedule, Table A) payable to "County of Maui, Director of Finance".

Related Applications and Forms:


Contact Information:
Department of Planning
Current Planning Division
2200 Main Street, Suite 619
Wailuku, HI 96793

Ph: (808) 270-8205