Department of Transportation
To facilitate the rapid, safe, and economical movement of people and goods in Maui County.
- Planning and implementation of all modes of transportation in Maui County, including those in the air and those on water and land.
- Planning and developing an efficient program to facilitate the rapid, safe, and economical movement of people and goods in Maui County.
- Coordinating Maui County's transportation programs with other county departments and with agencies of the state and federal government.
- Mitigate the escalating traffic problem within Maui County
- Provide transportation options for goods and for the residents of and visitors to Maui County
- Improve public awareness of traffic abatement measures and of transit opportunities
Maui Metropolitan Planning Organization (Maui MPO)
The Maui Metropolitan Planning Organization (Maui MPO) is a federally mandated government agency formed in 2016 by the State of Hawaii and County of Maui to facilitate comprehensive planning for federally-funded or regionally significant transportation systems on the island of Maui. The MPO and its partner agencies develop plans and programs for a multimodal transportation system that facilitates the movement of people and goods. Maui MPO does not construct projects or implement these programs directly.
To find out more information about policy and technical board meetings, opportunities for public participation, and to see our programs and activities, please visit us at .
- Sign up for our Maui MPO Calendar of Events
Maui MPO Agendas & Minutes
Policy Board (PB) Documents | Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Documents